Proteomics- Sharp Protein Marker III
The Pre-stained Sharp Protein Marker III is a super broad range, 3-color pre-stained recombinant protein standards consist of 12proteins from 10 kDa to 315 kDa. The marker mix is pre-denatured and stabilized in loading buffer, so no additional boiling is necessary before loading onto SDS-PAGE gels.
Store the protein ladder for up to three months at 4°C or for one year at -20°C.
- Crystal clear: Sharp bands and stable colors
- Multicolor: easy to track on gel
- Ready-to-load: no need to boil
- Excellent Western transfer
- Monitoring protein migration during SDS-PAGE
- Monitoring protein transfer onto membranes during Western blotting
- Approximate sizing of proteins on SDS-PAGE gels
- Acrylamide gels and Western blots
- The ladder contains two green reference bands at ~50 kDa and 10 kDa and one orange reference band of 70 kDa.
- Avoid multiple freeze/thaw cycles.
- Lot-to-lot variation of the apparent molecular weight of pre-stained proteins is <10% depending on the molecular weight.
- Western blotting of large (>100 kDa) proteins may need longer transfer times or higher transfer voltages for efficient transfer.
5 μl of Pre-stained Sharp Protein Marker III provide expected numbers of bands of equal intensity in SDS-PAGE (Tris-glycine buffer) and after electrotransfer onto a PVDF membrane.
Recommendation for Loading
- Apply 5 μl/well on mini gels and 10 ~ 15 μl/well on large gels
- For blots, apply 1 ~ 3 μl/well on mini gels and 2 ~ 6 μl/well on large gels