The SCOS (Saccharomyces cerevisiae one-step) Transformation Kit provides a simple and fast one-step / one-tube method for transforming the yeast, S. cerevisiae with a linear or circular plasmid DNA. The transformation efficiency varies based on the yeast strain used, the efficiency of plasmid incorporated into the host chromosome, the selection marker used and the transformation procedure. In general, the entire procedure can be completed in one hour, and routinely provides a transformation efficiency of 103~ 106 transformants/mg of plasmid DNA.
- High throughput transformation
- Instant competent cell preparation
- An one-step, one-tube and 10~60 minutes protocol for transforming the baker's yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Simple (Mix→ Heat shock → Plating)
- Suitable for yeast cells from colonies, broth or any growth phase
- Repeatable efficiency, always reach an efficiency of 103~106transformants / μg DNA
- Transformation of S. cerevisiae
The transformation efficiency is checked in a lot-to-lot basis to ensure that it is above minimum 103 transformants/μg of plasmid DNA.