- No flaming required
- Bacterial and fungal solution spreading on agar plates
- Plating yeast for two-hybrid screens
For regular plating of ECOS™ Competent Cells, add 5 ~ 10 beads immediately after pipetting 50 ~ 100 μl of transformed cells onto each plate. Move the plate back and forth to roll the beads on the surface and change the direction of shaking a few times to ensure even spreading. When the surface of the agar starts to dry on the plate (20 ~ 40 seconds), pour off the beads and the plates are ready for incubation.
- Pre-warmed glass beads at 37°C for ECOS™ warm plating (protocol 2&4, page3-3)
- Pre-cooled glass beads at 4°C for ECOS™ cold plating (protocol 1&3, page 3-3)
- Room temperature for SCOS and YLOS Transformation Kits